Scholarship Awards - Graduate Certificate in Clinical Teaching and Clinical Research
The VCCC is committed to supporting the continual professional development of the cancer care workforce across the alliance. Strong education and training programs are vital for the rapid introduction and uptake of evidence and best practice into care, and to provide a workforce skilled in the generation, interpretation and application of new knowledge. Within the VCCC Professional Development Program we offer scholarships in two graduate certificate courses offered by the University of Melbourne: the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Teaching and the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research. This year the opportunity generated a very high level of interest from professional staff across the VCCC. An expert panel awarded five 50 per cent remittance award scholarships for each course.
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Teaching is designed to broaden the skills of professionals who deliver clinical education, this one-year part time course hones transferable skills and knowledge to make teaching more efficient, enjoyable and effective. Congratulations to:
- Linda Mileshkin - Deputy Head of Medical Oncology, Director of Physician Training, PMCC
- Trisha Soosay Raj - Paediatric Oncology Consultant, Leukaemia, Lymphoma and Bone Marrow Transplant Service, RCH
- Julia Lai-Kwon - Medical Oncology Registrar, PMCC
- Andrea Wong - Grade 2 Physiotherapist – Ear Nose Throat (ENT)/Vascular/General Surgery, Cardiorespiratory Team – Student Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, St V’s
- Madelene Columbro - Clinical Nurse Educator, RMH
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research teaches healthcare professionals how to design a clinical research study including quantitative and qualitative methodology, evaluation of research literature, statistical analysis and ethics in clinical research. Congratulations to:
- Sharni Patchell - Clinical Lead (Grade 4) Physiotherapist, PMCC
- Sonia Mailer – Manager, Melbourne Melanoma Project, PMCC
- Olivia Doidge - Occupational Therapist, ONTrac at PMCC
- Shio Yen Tio – VIDS Registrar 2017, VIDS Clinical Research Registrar 2018, RMH
- Amy Brauner - Research Nurse, Clinical Trials Unit, PMCC
Congratulations to all the scholarship recipients and all the best with your studies!