Research and Education Leads
The Research & Education (R&E) Lead program is systematising collaboration across the VCCC to turn the idea of integration of research, education and clinical care, into reality.
- Building leadership and networks for tumour streams and selected cancer themes
- Expand research of the tumour stream and cancer theme through needs-based educational programming
The R&E Leads program manifests the foundational principles of the VCCC by systematising and normalising collaborative activities across the VCCC partners. The program addresses a significant proportion of the priorities for the VCCC, leading to integration of research, education and clinical care; sharing of ideas and knowledge to improve patient outcomes; and facilitating shared education and training across member organisations.
- Better leadership and strategic direction for research and education
- Integrate research, education and clinical aspects of tumour streams or cancer themes
- Embed international and local research and evidence into clinical practice
- Increase the impact, breadth and depth of research relevant to the cancer theme
- Add value to education programs that underpin excellence in clinical care and research
- Facilitate better use of integrated research and clinical data
- Enable multi-site clinical trials
Evidence-based, agreed priorities, dissemination of knowledge
The R&E Lead program has established 13 leads who work to develop and harmonise high quality, research and educational activities within their specialty area across the VCCC.
Once a lead is appointed, there are three phases of activity in the program:
Phase i) Development of an evidence-base to inform and support collective planning through a mapping exercise and engagement with relevant healthcare professionals, researchers and educators across all partner sites.
Phase ii) Development of an agreed, strategic VCCC-wide direction for the tumour stream or cancer theme, with a focus on creating new networks and other ways to enable transfer of knowledge.
Phase iii) Dissemination of knowledge and evidence to integrate research, education and clinical care and facilitate practice change across the VCCC. Research and Education Leads will also have key roles in a number of programs that require leadership and expertise.